What a long, strange 2008 it was
January 3, 2009 by William K. Wolfrum
As 2009 begins, I just wanted to say thank you to those who helped and affected me in 2008:
Reader and Commenter of the Year
Dgun: We don’t agree on everything, but he’s my most loyal reader and someone I consider a friend. Plus, one out of every three jokes he attempts is a home run.
Frenemy of the Year
Inspiration of the Year
Emru Townsend: Told he had leukemia and a host of other problems, Emru and sister Tamu became advocates for getting people to join the Bone Marrow Donor Program in Canada and the U.S. He helped me and my family, and many others before his valiant fight ended.
- Hugh C. McBride: This blog’s No. 2 commenter and a very funny, smart guy. He absolutely has what it takes.
- Shakesville: A wonderful blog where I have contributed for nearly two years. Melissa McEwan is just brilliant and a fantastic ally.
- Mustang Bobby: As good a writer as you’ll find on these intertubez and someone I can always count on.
- Mike Finnegan: Mike was a supporter of mine early on at Crooksandliars and is someone who just rocks, figuratively and literally.
- Diane Tucker: A top-notch journalist who has honored me by finding me worthy of being the subject of two of her articles.
- Kate Harding: Kate has my back and I hope she knows I have hers. I look forward to her upcoming book, “Lessons from the Fatosphere.”
- Phillip Barron: Pure class and someone I know I can count on. His work on the Lavena Johnson case is an inspiration.
- Jon Swift: Equal parts talent and heart. Just a really good guy.
- Blue Gal: If you don`t like Fran, there’s something wrong with you. She’s always there to help.
- Patricia Hannigan: Want proof that golf writers aren’t all boring? Check out Patricia’s quirky, fun and unique writing.
- Mark Nessmith: I can honestly say that I’ve never had a better boss.
Other Blog Pals and sites
In no particular order:
Bob, Jen, Random Babble, Rotus, SpoutBlog, Bastard Logic, Ravenwolf68, Sensen No Sen, Sprawled Out, The Church of the Apocalyptic Kiwi, Portly Dyke, Konagod, American Street, Paul Oberjuerge, SourceWatch, FamousDC, InfamousQbert, Huffington Post, Jonathan Turley, Pundit Fight, Democrats Abroad, Corrente, Anonymous Liberal, Alternet, Newsvine, Feministing, Waggleroom, Alan Colmes, The Vanity Press, Tart Juice, Angry Black Bitch, Deeky, VivirLatino, News Hounds, The Truffle, Triporati, Danny Schecter, Sheldon Rampton, Thinking American, The Offside, Hoyden About Town, MacYapper, Jterrygr, John G. McDaid, Andrew Sullivan, Media Bistro, Deadspin, Common Nonsense, Heath Harrison, Tiny Little Dots, Prescott Shibles, Last Syllable, Mother Jones, Blue Herald, Jeff Julliard, Slate, Portfolio, Tiny Cat Pants, Richard Wilson, Philadelphia City Paper, Slog, The Falcon’s Gyre, Blonder and Thinner, Pencader Days, Rawrahs, Cinie’s World, Dan Froomkin, The Daily Background, Witchy Woman, Ten Percent, Kevin Pierce, Michael Calderone, One Pretentious Bastard, The Clog, Dred Tory, The Golf Chick, Soberish, Hitchens Watch, Shouting Match, Christian Agnostic, Northstar Chronicle, The Blue State, Smashed Frog, Night Bird’s Fountain, Dylan Matthews, Historiann, Bookworm, The Sideshow, Litbrit, Endi Thinks, Left Word, Sam Seder, Booman Tribune, Memeorandum, Geoff Shackelford, Steve Silver, Clickmonkey, Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub, Neural Gourmet, Victorville Daily Press, PFC Lavena Johnson, Generation Q, Daily Kos, International Medical Corps, PR Watch, Blue Lyon, Deconstructing the Manifest, Armchair Golfer, Suzie-Q, Mistrel Boy, Sciolistic Factotum, Tofubo, Boing Boing, Brilliant at Breakfast, Alternate Brain, Excuse me for Kicking.
If you feel you’ve been overlooked, let me know and I’ll rectify it. Regardless, thank you all so much. Here’s to a breakout 2009.